Job Summary: Public Service Officers are uniformed civilians who perform assorted functions for The Talladega College Police Department including patrolling the College, assisting with traffic control and security at special events. They provide information and assistance to members of the College and guests. They take reports, issue parking citations, assist with securing and opening buildings, are responsible for towing vehicles that are in violation of parking regulations, and assist local law enforcement as needed. May be required to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time, and to work overtime hours. The Public Service Officer reports directly to the Chief of Police.
• Patrol assigned zones and/or stand fixed security posts throughout the shift. Interact with faculty, staff, students and citizens who may visit the college.
• Respond to all dispatched calls service in a timely manner.
• Secure crime scenes of serious incidents, making sure that the integrity of scene and evidence is not compromised, tampered with, altered, contaminated or left unattended.
• Conduct checks on residential halls, buildings, grounds and College property to ensure the prevention of burglary, theft, criminal mischief/vandalism or fire.
• Direct traffic during special events, congested areas, traffic crashes, or special hazards.
• Enforce parking violations on campus by issuing parking citations and if necessary, by towing vehicles that are in violation.
• Assist with securing and opening of campus buildings.
• Will be required to work various shifts and days of the week.
• Will be required to work overtime (both voluntary and mandatory) when deemed necessary by the Police Department.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
May be required to stand for extended periods of time when assigned to fixed posts or may be required to walk for extended periods of time if assigned to a walking post. Ability to write comprehensive incidents reports, conducts investigations, take photos when necessary, and seize contraband when necessary. Ability to function and communicate effectively in an educational environment. High school diploma required, 2 year junior college completion preferred. Experience as a community service officer, security and safety officer preferred.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume’, Talladega College application, and at least 3 professional references to: Human Resources, Talladega College, 627 W. Battle St., Talladega, AL 35160. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 256-761-6450.
TALLADEGA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER